...it is something that Gordon Hospital strives to do each and every day for our patients, employees and community. We are committed to bringing our community the highest level of care and technology that we can.
Each year, Gordon Hospital re-invests in services, technology and buildings to keep up with the tremendous changes occurring in healthcare on a daily basis. In the last several years, we have:
- built a new Harris Radiation Therapy Center, which houses a new linear accelerator, and offers pinpoint radiation treatment to cancer patients. No longer do individuals need to travel out of town to receive this life-saving treatment.
- built a new Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine Center, located on the lower level of the hospital. The Center houses two, hyperbaric chambers to help patients heal their wounds more efficiently and easily.
- expanded and opened a new laboratory;
- renovated our maternity center and renamed it The Baby Place;
- opened a new 17,700 square foot Emergency Center with 20 private patient rooms, 2 trauma rooms, critical care room and negative pressure room (for diseases like Chicken Pox).
- opened a new 75,000 square expansion, which included:
- completion of 17 new outpatient surgery suites and 2 new operating rooms
- tripled the space for Rehabilitation Services
- tripled the space for Radiology Services
- tripled the Cafeteria space
- added two, new rooms in our maternity center
- added a new instrument-rated helipad
- added a new outpatient registration area
- added four licensed beds
- opened a new Progressive Care and Clinical Decisions Unit
- added a new Urology practice
- opened a new Cancer Resource Center.
We are committed to growing and changing as the needs of community change. It's at the heart of our Mission and why we feel blessed to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.