Receiving Comfort and Strength
It is often said that during times of stress we seek comfort; during times of recovery we seek strength. At Gordon Hospital, we realize that complete recovery embodies recovery of the spirit and the mind as well as the body. We welcome patients to take full advantage of the spiritual resources of the hospital.
Treating the Whole Person
Treating the whole person — mind, body and spirit — is basic to the Adventist Health System. Gordon Hospital is proud to be a member of this network — the largest protestant health care system in the world. Our Pastoral Care Department, which includes a full-time chaplain as well as volunteer chaplains, focuses on spiritual needs and is available to assist patients and their families in finding spiritual strength to deal with all of life’s issues. We encourage patients to call upon the services of their own minister, priest, rabbi or spiritual advisor. However, the Gordon Hospital chaplain is always available for spiritual support. And, Gordon Hospital staff members are encouraged to pray with patients when asked.
Restoring Your Spirit
Sometimes you just need a minute to yourself, a place to renew your strength and energy, a place to pray. The Gordon Hospital Chapel of Hope, Garden of Hope and Meditation Room offer you the quiet space you may seek. Each of these areas reflects the spiritual focus of the hospital, offering you a quiet place of refuge during times of crisis. Devotional services are held in the chapel every morning at 8:30 for those who wish to attend. In addition, the chapel is available for community support groups, weddings and other spiritual events. Reflective of this spiritual focus, the stained glass window in the Chapel of Hope depicts the second coming of Christ — the end of all pain and suffering.
- Daily Devotionals in the Chapel (2:00 p.m.)
- Prayer Group meets in the Chapel Friday mornings to pray over prayer requests and other issues.
- Grief Recovery Group meets in Classroom A at 7:00 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday of every month. For more information call the Gordon Hospital Chaplain’s office at (706)879-4718 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spiritual Health Channel is located on channel 10 on the hospital televisions.
- Spiritual Emphasis Week is held twice annually.