Organizers of the Howard Jones Golf Benefit reported recently that the 9th annual event raised more than $31,000.
Like in previous years, all funds raised from the May 16 event will be presented to the Gordon Hospital Foundation Board for its capital campaign to raise construction funds for the Radiation Therapy Center, a $7 million project, according to Helen Jones, wife of the late Howard Jones.
“A hearty thank you to the 124 players, all the volunteers and guests who helped make this the most successful Howard Jones Golf benefit ever,” Jones says. “The players and donors raised $31,085 this year alone, which will be added to the $160,000 raised from the past eight years.”
Held at Fields Ferry Golf Club, the tournament winners for the day included:
- First Flight, First Place – The Fox Systems Team: Barry Vest, William Hamilton, Gary Dennington, and Mike Cescutti;
- First Flight, Second Place – Pierce Spurlin, Michael Morris, Wes Dye, and Rob Butler;
- First Flight, Third Place – The Momon Construction Team: Mark Momon, Matt Hibberts, Richie Wright, and Delbert Chambers;
- Second Flight, First Place – The Brian Brannon Team: Brian Brannon, Matt Brannon, Melvin Nicholson, and Ricky Ross;
- Second Flight, Second Place – The Starr-Mathews Team: Craig Mashburn, Mason Mashburn, Robert Mathews, and Wesley Alexander;
- Second Flight, Third Place – Giles Jones, Brent Erwin, David Douglas, and Brian Goble.
Sponsors for the tournament included:
- The Masters ($2,500) – Gordon Hospital;
- The Bear ($1,000) – Karen and Pete Weber; Becky and William Mathews;
- The King ($500) – Linda and Skip Bowling, Diane and Steve Robbins, Joseph L. Little, All God’s Children Pediatrics, Susan and Bob Parlo, Shelby Peeples Family, Scott Fletcher Family, and First Bank of Dalton;
- The Shark (hole) Sponsors ($300) – Larry Pogue, Fair’s Auto Service, Steve Harris, North Georgia Cancer Care, Kyle and Vivian Smith, Chuck Bowling Family, Northwest Georgia Surgical Associates, Calhoun Plastics and Chemicals, Jones and Erwin, Josh Long, Charles Hall CPA, Langston Creative Systems, Jason Jones Family, The Whooziwatts, Walter Overby and Devonwood Logistics, and Stella Williams Bailey;
- The Pros ($25-$299) – Anne and Dick Newhouse, Mauldin Trash Service, Billy Giles, Jim Lay, Lori Ethridge Hall, Brinson, Askew & Berry, Leslie Garnet, Joan Brown, Angela and Billy Green, Marcia Williams, Gardner Williams, Bill Perry, Charlie and Michele Mitchell, Carol and Dick Inman, Ginger and Billy Loy, Susan and Don Maddox, Lloyd Sutter, Kay and Tom Pope, King Family Foundation, Cindi and Dave Rawlins, Gail and Roland Williams, Carole and Ed Dingler, Claire and Lee Kaufman, McCracken Chiropractics, Patricia Kinnett, Carol and Bob Nance, Andy Watson, Jodie and Terry Brumlow, Bettina and Jeff Briggs, Joel Ostuw, Richards Stephens, Mary and George Boyd, Judy and John Chattam, Guy Hunter, Marny Busbin, Tucker Hobgood, Julie and Kirby Peden, Carol K. Norton, Vickie and Charles Spence, Carolyn and Jim Hill, Terri and Jerry Carroll, Andrew Surdykowski, Chuck Miller, Julie and Kent Chapman, Bruce Thomas, John Hamrick, Blake Rampy, and Shirley Stepp.
Goody Bag Donors included Firehouse Gym, Stephen McClain of Dalton Box, Brian Burton of Edward D. Jones, Jonathan Purser of Chic-fil-A, Donna’s Hallmark, Stella Bailey with the Georgia Peanut Commission, and Gordon Hospital.