Gordon Hospital officials are pleased to announce a new partnership with Stephen King, MD, and the opening of Northwest Georgia Orthopedics and Sports Medicine in Calhoun.
Located on the Gordon Hospital campus at 106 Hospital Court, Dr. King will officially open the practice on September 1 and will offer a full range of orthopedic surgical and non-surgical care and services for all ages.
“We are very delighted to welcome Dr. King and his staff to the Gordon Hospital family,” said Pete Weber, president and CEO of Gordon Hospital. “Northwest Georgia Orthopedics and Sports Medicine is an excellent addition to our growing service line here at Gordon Hospital, and is just one more way that we are able to extend the healing ministry of Christ to all of those that we serve.”
A Level I trauma specialist, Dr. King is experienced and skilled in the treatment of all areas of the musculoskeletal system. He is a graduate of the Medical College of Georgia School of Medicine and completed his residency in Orthopedic Surgery at the University of Tennessee College of Medicine in Chattanooga, Tenn.
“We believe in offering our patients hands-on, personal care,” Dr. King said. “And, we are committed to providing accurate and timely diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation.”
In addition to general orthopedic care, Northwest Georgia Orthopedics and Sports Medicine will also offer a wide variety of treatment options, including:
- Therapeutic Joint Injections, a minimally invasive treatment option used to relieve pain caused by inflammatory joint conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, tendonitis, bursitis, and gout. Joint injections can be used to relieve pain in the knee, shoulder, ankle, elbow, wrist, thumb, and hip;
- Joint Replacement, where damaged or diseased joints are replaced with a new joint, called a prosthesis that is made of plastic, metal, or both. Replacing a joint can relieve pain and help you move and feel better. Hips and knees are replaced most often. Other joints that can be replaced include the shoulders, fingers, ankles, and elbows;
- Sports-related Injuries, including treatment for ACL tears, bone fractures, muscle contusions (bruise), muscle cramps, shin splints, sprains and strains, torn tendons and ligaments, and more;
- Arthroscopic Surgery, a minimally invasive procedure that allows the diagnoses and sometimes treatment of joint injuries and disease through small incisions in the skin;
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome treatment, including surgical and non-surgical options for this painful, progressive condition caused by the compression of a key nerve in the wrist.
“We are very excited about this partnership not only for our existing patients, but for our new ones as well,” Dr. King said. “We look forward to offering our services right here at home.”
To make an appointment to see Dr. King, please call 706-602-3100. His practice accepts the following insurance: Alliant, United, Aetna, BlueCross/BlueShield HMO/PPO, Health One Alliance, and other major insurance networks.